Wednesday 19 October 2011

Still An Emotional Wreck After 17 Years

I was not intending to write a personal blog tonight. I have a review that I need to write and as I'm doing overtime at work I was just supposed to be relaxing tonight. But I feel so very odd right now that I couldn't not put it down. I received a text from my brother earlier tonight that read:

"They're releasing River Phoenix's last film."

He didn't need to say any more. I immediately knew what he was talking about. But I needed to know where he'd gotten this information from. He informed me it was on BBC Entertainment News http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15369725 if anyone else wants to read it.


I have so many emotions from this news that I honestly don't know what I feel. I'm excited to see a film I've known about and wanted to see desperately for 17 years of my life, but I'm also upset because I feel like I'm 13 all over again and my heart is breaking. I'm hopeful that the final film will be a fitting tribute but I'm anxious that it will still feel unfinished. Most of all I'm sad that my best friend is not here to see this day and won't be able to come and watch this with me. 

I've blogged about River before so I'm not going to drone on. Just felt like I needed to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment