Sunday 13 April 2014

Apology

Okay, so I owe everyone a massive apology. Back in April I promised you all a review of Divergent, which never materialised, and then I went off the grid. No updates, no post to say what was happening, nothing. I'm truly sorry for that. 

I started my blog back in 2011 and have been growing a steady base of readers since then. It was not my intention to ever deceive you. I fully intended to write the Divergent review, but then life kinda got in the way. 

I lost my job in December last year, which I don't think I ever shared. I received a payout and I temped for a few months and then got a permanent job in March. That's when I received notice to move out of my flat that I had been living in for 3 years. So just as one part of my life evened out, another ton of crap landed on me. 

For those who don't know me, I f*cking hate moving house. I have a LOT of stuff and so it takes time, and packing, and unpacking, and I have NEVER once found it fun to move. I hate it. 

And no, I won't get rid of my stuff just to make moving easier. My stuff is me, it's who I am, and I am not going to throw that shit out because the box is heavy. I am a hoarder. Deal with it. 

Rant over. 

So yeah, life kinda kicked my arse for a while and then when I was in a position to start writing reviews again I just found that my inspiration, my passion, whatever you want to call it, had just gone. I still went to the movies, movies are my life and I don't see that ever changing, and I still wrote, my passion for writing certainly didn't go anywhere, but my drive to write about films went AWOL. 

I kept figuring it was the movies I was seeing, that they were all kinda distinctly average (Divergent) or bad (but not in a really terrible bad way, just in a kinda laughably bad way - Noah), and so I wasn't inspired to write reviews for those films. And the thing is, that the fact that I wasn't inspired to write about those movies probably tells you that not only were they not worth seeing, they weren't even worth reading about. 

I know that a big part of my not writing reviews was me, I'm not putting all the blame on the films, but part of it was the films too. 

Having said that, I have seen some really good films. Like How To Train Your Dragon 2. Which I honestly thought would be THE ONE that got me writing again. But it just wasn't enough. 

The truth is that if this was my job, no matter how dire the movie, I would HAVE to write the review. And I'm good with that. But this isn't my job. And I don't need the challenge of reviewing every film I see at the cinema. I've done that 3 years running. I know I can do it. So now I'm just going to write the reviews I want to write. 

But, if you have an honest to goodness NEED for my opinion on a film that I haven't reviewed, drop me a message or a tweet, and I'll be more than happy to oblige you. 

Because at the end of the day, without you, I'm just a crazy lady rambling to herself.

So I bet you're all excited to know what movie it was that got my creative juices flowing again right?

Well, you'll have to wait a little longer for that (as I'm currently staying at a friends house without my laptop), but I promise that a review will follow. Along with a brief run-down of the movies I have seen in the last few months. 

Thanks for sticking around. I hope it was worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment