Monday 25 April 2011

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder


Ok. Where to start? I have been a little absent lately on both the personal blog front and also the Film Review front. I do have reasons, which I will briefly elaborate on shortly. 

What I need to break to you - gently - is that I will be more absent next week and in particular, next weekend. The reason for this is that I am going to stay with my mum who does not have internet access in her flat. I know, this is the 21st century, how does anyone not have internet access? To be fair, she also doesn't own a computer so having internet access would be a bit pointless. But yeah, for a blogger, it kinda sucks! So please bear with me over the next few weeks. 

I will hopefully have something special for you in the next day or so before I go home so keep your eyes peeled for that. And I will queue some items on my tumblr blog to keep you entertained.

Now, the reasons I've been a bit crap of late:


1, with regard to my personal blog, I only said there would be a personal blog if I had something interesting to write about. To be honest, I tried telling you that I'm not an interesting person but did you listen? Noooooooo! That's not my fault. Anyway, if you want to know what I did this sunny bank holiday weekend I will happily tell you but it probably won't blow you away. 


2, I'm writing again. This will probably gain a 'huh?' from most of you. The rest of you will be screaming at your screen "why are you telling us this? This means you've jinxed your writing AGAIN!" as typically when I tell people I'm writing (stories rather than blogs), my creativity dries up and I inevitably stop writing for months at a time. But for the moment at least, yes, I am writing which means I have less time to dedicate to the blogs.



3, I have not been as busy as usual on the Film Review blog, pure and simple because there's not been anything I want to see at the cinema. And as long as I'm doing this for me, rather than it being my job, I'm only going to see films I want to see. The next new film I see is likely to be Scream 4 but I'm not sure I'll get to post my review before I go? If not, you'll have that and my Thor review to look forward to when I'm back from the north.

That's it really. Just wanted to give you a heads up on why I've not been updating new posts and why I will continue to not be around for the rest of this month. But as I said, I should have a new personal blog this week, which is something close to my heart, and a new film review, likely to be when I get back around May 4th or 5th? If you follow me on Tumblr I'll make sure you're entertained in the mean time! 

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment