Saturday 6 August 2016

Adventures In Fangirling - LFCC Day 2

Day 2 of our crazy LFCC Renner weekend began with a catsuit, and ended (for one of us Rennerwomen) in tragedy. 

I had decided in my infinite wisdom that it would be a good idea to recreate the below 'budapest' scene from Avengers for my photoshoot with Jeremy. I figured that I could take Jeremy the bow and "arrows" I used for my Catniss cosplay, and if I couldn't speak to explain what I wanted, I could simply show him the image and hope he understood what I wanted to do. 


However, a couple of weeks prior to the event, I had a dream that I'd been unable to attend the photoshoot, and that my friend Sam, who in the dream was Jeremy's assistant, had arranged a private meeting with Jeremy (and a photographer) so that I could finally get my picture. It's only now, after what happened that day that I see this as something of an omen, just not for me. 

I typed up the dream at the time and forwarded it to Sam in the hope that not only would it make her smile to have featured so prominently in my subconscious world, but also in the hope that it would give her some much needed strength. I hoped it would allow her to see that we all had the same fears, and nerves, as ultimately in the dream she was the much stronger of the two of us, and helped me get through the experience. Much like on the day itself, although I had several friends who helped me through the weekend overall because I'm a super lucky lady like that.

Anyway, I'll post the dream after so you can all have a chuckle at how pathetic and hopeless I truly felt in the weeks leading up to meeting Mr Renner.

So because of the dream (which you'll understand when you read it), I had pretty much abandoned the idea of posing with Renner, and especially as I hadn't been able to get a hug the day before (despite my GIANT birthday girl badge) I wanted a hug. Just once. And so it had to be in our photoshoot. 

I wore the catsuit anyway. It was the only clothing I'd brought with me so I kind of had to, and I figured it would make for some cool photos anyway.


Thankfully the catsuit did make it feel a lot less like my dream, as I had been dressed normally in that; although as we queued for our pics Sam was directly behind me (as she had been in the dream), although this time she didn't have to push me - which I'm sure she was grateful for.

The queuing was over in no time, the pictures are taken so fast, I barely had enough time to pass on a fan letter to Kris (Jeremy's business partner) and take a deep breath before it was my turn. I very quickly asked Jeremy for a "full on hug" and told him it was my birthday recently, he said of course and grabbed me into a bear hug. I dimly recall saying "you really do give the best hugs" and I started to float away, then he took me by both shoulders, looked me in the eye and said "Happy birthday baby". I was in a total daze. I almost forgot to pick up my picture and then had a sudden moment of horror when I thought, I don't think I even looked at the camera! I was convinced the picture was just going to be me, snuggled into Jeremy, heaving a great sigh as he held me for a few seconds. 

I didn't even see Sam get her picture taken and she was right behind me in the queue. I waited what seemed like an eternity for my picture to come out and then there it was. I did look at the camera, and I don't think I've ever liked a picture of me as much as I love this one. 


You'll have to excuse the quality. I haven't gotten my digital copy of it yet. But look at those faces. Gosh it's sad how happy this man makes me.

Still feeling euphoric from my Renner pic experience, I suddenly remembered the reason I had signed up for Comic Con this year! Harold! We made our way through the crowds and found his autograph queue virtually empty. I quickly paid my £20 (thanks for remembering to get cash out Donna!), and waited my turn. When I got to the front I was again thankful of my decision to wear the catsuit as he asked me who my Avengers character was and proudly told me he'd just watched Iron Man the other night. Seriously Feige, get this guy in a Marvel movie stat! I told him I'd just met his friend Jeremy (as they are buddies in real life and have worked together a couple of times), and I showed him my picture of the two of us. I encouraged Sam to come over so we could tell him how much we loved The Unusuals, and how sad we were that it got cancelled. He shook my hand and happily stepped out from his desk to take a picture with me. Such a sweetheart of a man. If anyone gets the chance to see him at another event like this I would highly recommend it. He was so genuine and lovely. 


But unfortunately the day couldn't go completely without a hitch. Our friend who was coming for an afternoon photoshoot dressed as the human car crash known as Hawkguy (Clint Barton in the Fraction/Aja comics), actually had a real car crash right outside the event. As a result she couldn't come in to get her photo as she had to go to hospital with a broken wrist! 

Knowing how we would all feel if that were to happen to any of us we clubbed together and bought her a get well autograph from Jeremy. We told him what had happened and he was obviously concerned (as was Kris) and they asked if she was okay. I know the autograph won't make up for what happened but I think it at least made her smile. 


I just want to sign off by saying a huge thank you to everyone who supported me this weekend, everyone who came, who took pictures, all of the new awesome Rennerwomen I met, all of the people who have listened to me relentlessly go on about this (before and after it happened) and to Jeremy and Harold for being tremendous human beings. I love all of you guys, you're awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment