Monday 10 November 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Premiere - A Lament


It's 11.18pm and I have to be up for work in approximately 8 hours. I'm also cold and in dire need of a bath, and yet instead of running myself some hot bubbles, I am sitting at my laptop writing. Or rather outpouring my absolute hatred for the people who ruined The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Premiere for me and countless others. 

You know them. The "dealers" or autograph hunters. Those people, ususally massive, brick shithouse type guys, who's sole purpose at a premiere is to get one of the items from their huge portfolio stuffed full of glossy 10 x 8's signed by whoever is there. They don't care as long as they get something to sell. And by being there, on the barrier spot of a premiere, they are taking the place, and the cherished picture that a fan should be in, and robbing them of the chance of an autograph of their favourite star.

Yes this rant is because I only got one signature tonight, and not of anyone I was there for. This despite standing in the cold and wet for a good 8 hours. But this rant is also on behalf of the young girl who must only have been about 10. The girl who's only wish today was to have her moment with Katniss. And who the giant moron in front of us promised he would move to the front when Jennifer arrived and then didn't, because he wanted her signature for himself. This rant is also for the very sweet teenager who just wanted to see Liam Hemsworth, and who the same man again promised he would move aside for, only to elbow the poor girl in the ribs when Liam did arrive, and cause her to be in floods of tears.

I really think it's about time the premiere organisers stopped letting these arseholes into events like this. Events which are supposed to be for the fans of these people and these films. Not people who are only there to make money out of it. 

These people are always unpleasant nasty bastards who would rather elbow people half their size out of the way when most people would gladly let you hold something between them at an event like this so that everyone can go away happy.

Of course sometimes the stars are in a rush or ushered through the crowds quickly, so you're not always going to be able to get that autograph or photo, but at least not having these creeps there would give the genuine fans a fighting chance. 

If they're not banned from these events then I think the least the organisers could do is to let them into the enclosures last. So all the fans will have their places on the front or first few rows of the pens, and then let the "dealers" in and see how they like being at the back. 

For me, it has made the whole day feel worthless and upsetting and left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. This despite meeting some absolutely lovely people there.

I'm also gutted there was no cosplay contest to win tickets as I was the only Katniss there. Oh well, there's always Avengers: Age of Ultron. I swear that if an autograph hunter even tries to get in my way there, the Black Widow will be taking them down into a whole world of hurt.

Rant over. Be good to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment