Saturday 22 November 2014

What We Do In The Shadows


I was lucky enough to see What We Do In The Shadows a few months ago as part of a film reviewers accreditation course I am taking in association with See Film First.

In my humble opinion I think the distributors Madman Films missed an absolute trick by not releasing this on Halloween. Instead it's got to compete with what will surely be one of the years biggest films, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.

However, having said that, I would like my readers to actively seek out this total gem of a movie. And failing that, I believe you can already purchase it from the website above as the movie was made in New Zealand, which means some of you can probably buy it now. Do it. You won't regret it.

I'm sure I have said many times that I am quite fussy when it comes to comedy. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but this film did it in abundance. Think Tucker and Dale but about Vampires. 

The premise is simple, a documentary film crew go into a shared house of vampires to find out how the modern day vampire lives. That's it. But what follows is genuinely hilarious. 

Just do me, and yourself, a favour, watch the trailer, and if it's not for you, don't see it. But if you're even a little bit curious, take my advice and watch this movie. I am so very glad I did. 9 out of 10.

 

 Viewing Date - 27th September 2014
UK Release Date - 21st November 2014

Cast Overview:
Jermaine Clement ~ Vladislav
Taika Waititi ~ Viago
Jonathan Brugh ~ Deacon
Cori Gonzalez-Macuer ~ Nick
Stuart Rutherford ~ Stu
Ben Fransham ~ Petyr
Jackie Van Beek ~ Jackie

Written and Directed by Jermaine Clement and Taika Waititi

1 comment: