Wednesday 7 March 2012

Man On A Ledge

Mini Blog

Much like The Darkest Hour, the trailer for Man On A Ledge seemed to be around for ages before the film actually came out. Despite the terrible title for the film the trailer did at least intrigue me enough to make me want to see the film.

And boy am I glad I did. I actually saw Man On A Ledge twice as I enjoyed it so much. The premise is simple, the 'man' of the title is Nick Cassidy (Sam Worthington), an ex cop who was sent to prison for stealing a $40 million diamond. The only thing is that he says he didn't do it. So he escapes from prison during a day release for his father's funeral and steps out on the 'ledge' of the title to prove his innocence.

I am the first to admit that from the title alone this sounds like a bad film, the trailer doesn't make it look that much better but if you take a chance on this film I think you will find that it's a tense, slick, fast paced thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat within the first 10 minutes and hold you there for the next hour and a half. The actors have all been perfectly cast for their individual roles, even if they're not always a perfect match with their accents. If you can put that one niggle aside this is a great film that will continue to play on your mind long after you've left the cinema.

One of the most exciting thrillers I've seen in a while. Brings to mind how I felt when I saw Disturbia, under-rated, surprisingly good and made me want to see it again. 8.5 out of 10.


Viewing Date - 9th February 2012
UK Release Date 3rd February 2012

Cast Overview: 
Sam Worthington ~ Nick Cassidy
Elizabeth Banks ~ Lydia Mercer
Jamie Bell ~ Joey Cassidy
Anthony Mackie ~ Mike Ackerman
Genesis Rodriguez ~ Angie Lopez
Ed Harris ~ David Englander
Kyra Sedgwick ~ Suzie Morales
Edward Burns ~ Jack Dougherty
Titus Welliver ~ Dante Marcus
William Sadler ~ Valet

Director ~ Asger Leth
Writer ~ Pablo F Fenjves

No comments:

Post a Comment