Sunday 9 September 2012

Ted

Mini Blog

From the first time I saw the trailer for Ted it was not a film I wanted to see. And I was quite convinced I wouldn't see it. That was until several of my friends saw it and liked it. 

Now normally this alone would not be enough to sway me. I do after all have different tastes to my friends and there are occasions we don't agree on what makes a good film. It was when my cinema buddy told me he liked it that I really started to re-assess. My cinema buddy and I have very similar tastes in comedies and so I started to wonder if Ted might be worth a watch after all.

I might have caved and agreed to watch the DVD when it came out, had it not been for one of my friends who hadn't yet gotten around to seeing Ted but wanted to. So being the kind friend that I am, I agreed to see it with her on the recent bank holiday as it still had quite a few screenings at our local Cineworld.

I am always happy to admit when a film pleasantly surprises me, and Ted did just that. Yes he was a foul mouthed bear who simply got in the way of Mark Wahlberg's character growing up and being a man, but you can't help but love him. *Spoiler* Even I ultimately was a little sad when I thought the little guy had perished.*End Spoiler*

There are enough film references here to keep the most avid film fan happy. I think that's ultimately what got me on Ted's side (the movie not the character). So I think if you're an 80s film fan like me you'll find enough to like in this film. There's also a really cool cameo that I'm not going to spoil. I was impressed that they kept it out of the trailers as I think it helped the film to have an ace up it's sleeve. 

A film with some laugh out loud funny moments, not all the best bits are in the trailer like most films of this type, and there's a heart somewhere under all that fur and stuffing. So even if the thunder song wasn't your kind of funny, don't write Ted off until you've seen it. 7.5 out of 10.




Viewing Date - 27th August 2012
UK Release Date - 1st August 2012

Cast Overview:
Mark Wahlberg ~ John Bennett
Mila Kunis ~ Lori Collins
Seth MacFarlane ~ Ted (Voice)
Joel McHale ~ Rex
Giovanni Ribisi ~ Donny

Director ~ Seth MacFarlane
Writer(s) ~ Seth MacFarlane (Screenplay and Story), Alec Sulkin (Screenplay) and Wellesley Wild (Screenplay)

No comments:

Post a Comment