Sunday 2 September 2012

The Wedding Video


Mini Review

The Wedding Video tells the story of Raif (Rufus Hound), who has decided to make a video of his brother Tim's wedding as his wedding gift to Tim (Robert Webb) and the bride Saskia (Lucy Punch). What could possibly go wrong with that idea?

Well being that this is a British comedy, a lot could go wrong! Namely the fact that it's not funny. This is not one of those films where all the funny bits are in the trailer, this just doesn't have any really funny bits. Sure it made me smile on more than one occasion but it never made me laugh. So either I have no funny bone or this just isn't funny. I'm going to go with the latter.

As one of my friends pointed out, it's also not very well acted and has possibly every wedding cliche in the book, such as *Spoilers* the stag do stripper who's not very good at her job, the overbearing mother of the bride, the bride getting cold feet and running off with the best man, need I go on? I think not.

If there really is nothing better on I still wouldn't advise spending money on seeing The Wedding Video. Hire or buy something funnier with what you would have spent on your cinema ticket. You'll thank me for it! 3.5 out of 10.


Viewing Date - 26th August 2012
UK Release Date - 17th August 2012

Cast Overview:
Rufus Hound ~ Raif
Lucy Punch ~ Saskia
Robert Webb ~ Tim
Harriet Walter ~ Alex
Miriam Margolyes ~ Patricia
Michelle Gomez ~ Wedding Planner
Kevin Eldon ~ Wine Merchant

Director ~ Nigel Cole
Writer ~ Tim Firth (Screenplay)

No comments:

Post a Comment