Saturday 5 February 2011

Perfect Lazy Sunday

One of the reasons I started this blog, as mentioned previously, was because lots of my very good friends told me I should. Being that they were very good friends I figured this was sound advice. The other reason I started the blog, and more pointedly, the reason I started it when I did, was because I was off work sick, with lots of time on my hands and I was starting to go stir crazy.
There's only so much TV a person can watch and even though I have an extensive DVD collection I was bored out of my brain! Thankfully as well as my new blog stopping me from going crazy I have great friends. One of them was kind enough to come and see me on Sunday and bring cupcakes from my favourite bakery, the Angel Food Bakery. If you haven't been there yet, all I can say is, what are you waiting for? And before you say it, no, I don't know anyone who works there and no, they are not paying me to recommend them. They just make the best cupcakes I've ever had.
To repay my friend for his kindness I cooked a pie roast and agreed to let him play on my ancient Sega Megadrive. So we ate, we watched the extra's on Juno (which I'd watched the night before to alleviate some of the boredom), played a whole host of video games including the classic Sonic, Lemmings, Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusion, Alien Storm and Pac Man and then dived into our little pieces of chocolate heaven.
The evening was finished off by one of those great 'winding down an evening' conversations that you can only have with someone you've known for a while and feel comfortable letting go of some of your secrets with. I realise that to some of you this might sound like a boring way to spend your sunday. But after the week I'd had, locked away with only my lurgee for company, it was a welcome change. And such a chilled out way to end my week of sickness and start my week back at work. If only all sunday's could be like that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment