Monday 6 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 3 - Effectual Effects


The third award of the Lady K Academy is for Effectual Effects. Which is effectively (haha see what I did there?) a 'best special effects' award.

An award that recognises when a film has used the spectrum of special effects for optimum impact. The best effect has to be when you don't really realise that you're looking at something computer generated. And I think the winner of this award achieved that brilliantly.

So without further ado, the award for Effectual Effects goes to the team who did magnificent work on 'Thor'.


I almost didn't create an award for effects but then I thought about how impressed I had been with the planets created in Thor, the castle, the Bifröst bridge, the Destroyer, Chris Hemsworth's chest and arms and abs... oh no wait, they were real! ;0P

But seriously, I thought all of the effects in Thor were stunning in their own way. Check out some of the below images if you don't believe me.





My review of 'Thor' had this to say:
"The other thing that really impressed me were the sets and effects used to create the worlds of Asgard and Jotunheim. Both planets looked so real and so different from each other (and different from the New Mexico setting on Earth) that you forgot you were watching a set or a green screen. I particularly loved the Bifröst bridge and the way it was lit. Really stunning."

Runners Up:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
X-Men: First Class

Do you agree? Who do you think achieved the most in this field in 2011...?

No comments:

Post a Comment