Sunday 12 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 5 - Best Costume

As promised tonight is a double award-er. And the second award of the night is for Best Costume. I thought about this long and hard as I did see quite a lot of films with traditional costume last year, The King's Speech, The Eagle, Your Highness, Red Riding Hood, Pirates of the Caribbean, Water For Elephants, Cowboys and Aliens, Captain America, Super 8, Jane Eyre, The Three Musketeers, The Help, The Awakening, Hugo, Sherlock Holmes... and I did see a few films with quite futuristic costume, In Time, Real Steel and Green Lantern.


However, being a film fan I can completely grasp how important everyday clothes are in the more regular, present day set films too. I understand that they often help the actor to 'find' the character. But even taking all that into consideration, I couldn't think of a more worthy winner of this award.


Without further adieu I present the award for Best Costume to... Thor.

A film which had to combine several of the above elements in one film, it had the semi futuristic/semi traditional costumes of the Asgaardians as well as the everyday costumes of the human inhabitants.

Below are some examples of the great work accomplished by the wardrobe department on Thor...







And finally for the ladies, a shot of Thor in a scene where he seems to have forgotten his costume...


That was gratuitous. I apologise. But lots of fun. :0)

Runners Up:
Water For Elephants
Captain America

I hope you've enjoyed the special BAFTA edition of my awards. Now I hand over to you and ask what your choices would have been for Best Make Up and Best Costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment