Friday 24 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 6 - Best Fight

You might have thought that award season was over but as the recent Grammy's and Brit awards have proved, we're still very much in the midst of all the crying and speeches!

Tonight's triple bill of awards was supposed to be posted on Valentines Day as they are themed to coincide with that day, Best Fight, Best Kiss and Most Heartbreaking End To A Film EVER. But with one thing and another I didn't get around to posting them so I'm posting them tonight instead, in honor of my friend Jen's birthday today. Birthdays are often emotional occasions and can be the cause of fights and heartbreak but mostly kisses. I hope Jen will have more of the latter. Happy Birthday!


Without further delay I present the Best Fight award to... Fright Night



I have struggled to decide winners of quite a few of my award categories owing to the great examples available in those categories. Best Fight however really wasn't one of them. While the big blockbusters of summer all had impressive fights in them, Thor, Captain America, X-Men: First Class, Green Lantern, Transformers etc etc I didn't really feel that any of those films were worthy of the award for Best Fight. In some the fight scenes were too short (Transformers), in others there were too many to narrow it down (Thor) and others just seemed pointless (X-Men/Green Lantern). But Fright Night just nailed it for me. 

Take one friendly neighbourhood vampire, Jerry: 


Add in a splash of terrorising the neighbours:


Mix the wimpy neighbour with the cool vampire hunter played by none other than David 'Dr Who' Tennant:


Throw in a cross bow, stakes, stake shooting guns and some fire and et voila, you have the ingredients for a well planned out horror movie ending.

The scene in question is not available (to my knowledge - I did spend hours scouring You Tube) so you have to make do with the trailer but believe me when I say that it's a worthy winner.


Runners Up:
See above.

What would you have classed as last years best fight scene? Answers on a postcard please. Or you could just put it in the box below...

No comments:

Post a Comment