Friday 24 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 6 - Best Kiss

So tonight is a three headed beast of an award night. And this is the second award of the night. Best Kiss.

Up until tonight I had a clear winner in my head for this award, but as I was typing it up I had a sudden feeling that there was a better kiss out there and then I realised what film that best kiss was in.

The award for Best Kiss goes to Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan for the elevator kiss in Drive.


Now unlike the award for Best Fight, Best Kiss had a LOT of contenders. As I mentioned above, until I was actually typing this one up, I already had a very different winner in mind. I was going to go with the kiss in Thor. It was full of passion and semi tragic as he was leaving, intending to return but of course neither of them knew at the time that this wouldn't be possible. And it was a great kiss.

But then lots of films had great kisses this year, Thor aside, fellow Avenger Captain America also had a great, semi tragic kiss. In both of those films the kiss was eagerly anticipated and in my opinion lived up to expectation. Source Code had that wonderful frozen in time kiss, Breaking Dawn had the wedding kiss, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 had one of the most long awaited kisses, and in truth would have won this award (even over Thor) if it hadn't been for the awful direction in that scene that meant you didn't really see the kiss. Drive however, well Drive had a scene which kind of encompassed all of the elements that made the above kisses so great. It was anticipated, seemed to slow time down until all there was in the elevator was the two of them, it was romantic as he was protecting her from a very bad man, it had great music and was just one of those kisses that you wish would happen to you some time. But maybe without the horrendous murder that follows?

Here for those who haven't seen it, is just the kiss (I made sure it cut before the murder - this isn't that kind of blog! ;0). Enjoy.


Runners Up:
See above.

What screen kiss made you weak at the knees this year? The box below is where you get your say...

No comments:

Post a Comment