Sunday 12 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 5 - Best Make Up

In honor of the fact that I am half writing my blog and half watching the BAFTA's right now I am going to present two awards tonight. Pow Pow.


The first award is for Best Make Up and goes to... Black Swan.

The only thing I truly believe Black Swan did very well was the make up effects. The on-stage make up started out subtle and then turned quite terrifying, the scenes with the skin peeling and cracked toenail are disturbing in their believability and effective in freaking out the audience. 

Below are some shots from the movie to prove my point. If you're at all squeamish don't scroll down...


                          



Runners Up:
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
X-Men: First Class

2 comments:

  1. that last one made me shiver :/ Still not seen this film yet as not heard great reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I won't lie Ellen, the last one in the film is really gross, but so believable. It really makes your skin crawl. But then that just shows how good the Make Up effects were. It's not a great film but I'm glad I saw it for Natalie Portman's performance if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete