Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Lady K Academy Film Awards Day 7 - Most Villainous Villain

Tonight's double bill of awards sort of go hand in hand. You can't really have one without the other. Like two sides to the same coin. Kinda like members of the same family, who are very different. With that expert link out of the way I would like to wish my sister Tracey a very happy 39th Birthday. And reveal the first of tonight's two awards, Best Villain or Most Villainous Villain as I have named this one...


The award goes to Bryce Dallas Howard for her portrayal of 
Hilly Holbrook in The Help.



When I saw The Help last year it instantly became one of my favourite films of the year. I'm pretty sure I told everyone I know to see it and to this day it makes me well up to think of how emotional it made me. In my review I described it as 'a film which ultimately proves that humanity can be gracious and kind. But without the schmaltz.' But there is one thing about The Help that was neither gracious or kind. And that was the character of Hilly Holbrook. Played to perfection by Bryce Dallas Howard. Never before has a character so nasty, so vindictive, so purely evil deserved such a delicious comeuppance as Hilly Holbrook did. I challenge anyone not to cheer when she finally gets what's coming to her. As I couldn't really find any clips that show just how twisted and condescending and back-stabbing Hilly is, I have instead included a brief profile of her character. And again implore anyone who hasn't seen The Help to get it on DVD when it's released on 12th March 2012. 


Runners Up:
Christoph Waltz ~ August in Water For Elephants
Sentinel Prime in Transformers Dark Of The Moon

Which character gets your vote for Most Villainous Villain?

No comments:

Post a Comment